About The Nigeria Police Force
The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) is the arm of the government of the federal republic of Nigeria in charge of law enforcement agency. It is that principal body set up by the Nigerian government and bound by law to maintain civil order and take care of the security of the lives and properties of the citizenry.
So, far, the Nigerian Police Force has about 371,800 Nigerians in its employ although it is reported that there are plans on ground to increase the staff strength of the NPF to about 650,000. This means that the present staff strength of the NPF will be increased by about 280,000 new recruits. That indeed is a welcome development.
Related Post: NAERLS Recruitment 2018/2019
The NPF has its presence in the 36 states of the federation as well as the federal capital territory (FCT) with a State commands in each state, and is grouped into 12 zones having 7 administrative organs.The national overall head of the Nigerian Police Force is called the Inspector General of Police (IGP) and this position is presently held by Ibrahim KpotunIdris.
Ranks in the Nigeria Police (in descending order)
It may suffice you to know prior to applying for the Nigeria Police Recruitment 2019, the different Ranks in the Nigeria Police and they are as follows in descending order (from highest to the least):
- Inspector General of Police (IGP)
- Deputy Inspector-General of Police
- Assistant Inspector-General of Police
- Commissioner of Police
- Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Assistant Commissioner of Police
- Chief Superintendent of Police
- Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Inspector of Police
- Sergeant Major
Nigeria Police Force (NPF) Recruitment 2018/2019
The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) by this notice invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigeria Police Force for 2018/2019.
This is mandated by the need by the present leadership of the Nigeria Police Force to reposition the Force by capacity building calls for the recruitment of Police Officers of lower cadre into the Nigeria Police Force.
In order to align with International standard and best practices and the United Nation Standard of Policing, the Force needs virile and dynamic police officers for better service delivery and mitigating emerging security challenges. To this end, our goal is to ensure the safety of lives and property of the Nigeria citizens and make Nigeria safer and more secured for economic development and growth.
Nigeria Police Force (NPF) Eligibility and General Recruitment.
Applicants for the Nigeria Police recruitment 2018 must have passion for a career in the Nigeria Police Force and must satisfy the following criteria:
- Nationality: Be a Nigerian citizen by birth and possess National Identity Number (NIN).
- Age: Must not be less than 18 years of age or more than 25 years of age.
- Character: Must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offence.
- Chest Measurement: Must not have less than 86cm (34 inches) expanded chest measurement (for men only).
- Education: Must have an O’ Level Certificate at least Five (5) Credits level passes including Mathematics and English Language in not more than two sittings in WASSCE/GCE/N ECO/NABTEB.
- Financial Status: Must be free from any pecuniary embarrassment.
- Guarantors’ Form: Must download and fill the Guarantors’ Form, presenting verifiable references from any two (2) of the following: Traditional Rulers, Magistrate, Local Government Chairman, Heads of Educational Institutions attended, Career Civil Servant not below the rank of Grade Level 12, Police Officer not below the rank of CSP, or Military Officer not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
- Height: Must not be less than 1.67 metres in height for men and 1.64 metres for women.
- Physical Features: Must not have any one of the following abnormalities or deformities: Speech Impediment, Knock Knees, Bow Legs, Bent Knees, Flat Feet, Deformed Hands which cannot perform the full functions of the hand, Tattoos, Bodily Scar, Defective Eyesight or Squint Eyes, Amputation of any part of the body, Gross Malformation of teeth, Protruding Navel.
- Pregnancy: Must not be pregnant at the time of Recruitment.
- Possession of a valid National Drivers’ License is an added advantage.
- NOTE: All candidates must undergo medical examination before final selection.
Available Positions At The Nigeria Police Recruitment For 2019
The following positions are currently available for application in the Nigeria Police recruitment for 2019
- Police Constable
- Cadet Inspector of Police
- Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police
The requirements below are for bot Specialists & General Duty officers
NPF Requirements For Police Constables:
Candidates interested in applying for the position of Police Constables FOR BOTH SPECIALISTS & GENERAL DUTY must have at least 5 credit passes in WAEC or its equivalent in not more than 2 sittings.
NPF Requirements For Cadet Inspectors Of Police:
Candidates interested in applying for the position of Cadet Inspectors of Police FOR BOTH SPECIALISTS & GENERAL DUTY must have at least 1 of the following from a reputable Polytechnic or College of Education: OND, NCE, or their equivalents.
Nigeria Police Recruitment For Cadet Assistant Superintendent Of Police (ASP:
Candidates interested in applying for the position of Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) FOR BOTH SPECIALISTS & GENERAL DUTY must have at least; B.SC., B.A., B.TECH, HND or an equivalent degree from a reputable University or Polytechnic.
How to Apply For TheNigeria Police Force (NPF) Recruitment 2018/2019
You can apply for the 2019/2020 NPF recruitment by visiting the NPF application portal (www.policerecruitment.ng) and follow the instructions below:
- All applications for NPF recruitment are processed and submitted “Online”.
- Before accessing the NPF recruitment portal and before you begin your application, ensure that you a functional and personal Email Address and a personal Mobile Phone Number;
- If you have the above, and have met all the recruitment criteria, go to NPF recruitment portal at www.policerecruitment.ng
- Fill and “Submit” the Online Form. (Ensure that you review the information you submitted before you finally submit your application form).
- After submission, kindly generate a print out of your details. This information would be automatically sent to your Email address. Also, copy and save your “Registration Number” safely. You will need it for future correspondences. Remember, your “Registration Number” is case sensitive.
- Candidates who are shortlisted and contacted for the next stage of the recruitment process would be required to show a hardcopy of the email message which was sent to them.
- The recruitment application into the Nigerian Police Force is completely free of charge.
- You are not required to use a particular email address and/or phone number more than once while applying for this job.
- Avoid multiple applications as applicants with multiple applications, according to the NPF, would be disqualified.
- Avoid giving fake or wrong details while registering for the NPF recruitment 2019.
- You are not to use any other website or portal for registering for the Nigeria Police Force recruitment 2019 aside from www.policerecruitment.ng. By doing otherwise, you are at your own risk.
- All correspondence from the Nigeria Police Force with candidates or on behalf of candidates in this exercise shall be from www.policerecruitment.ng or candidates emails/telephones.
We Appreciate your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Nigeria Police Force Recruitment, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us on Facebook Page